Thursday, October 22, 2009

Way To Go, Mary Beth!


Mary Beth, my youngest in the purple in the photo above, has some pretty impressive talents. She makes a great omelet and I have given up trying on that. (Scrambled eggs are just fine thank you very much!) She is very hospitable. She and David have a different couple -seminary students-over every Thursday night for dinner to get to know them. She's working in Students Affairs at Covenant Seminary and seems to love it. She learning to be a great mom and wife. She completed a half marathon in Sept. with a 9 month old baby.

HOWEVER, there are a few things about the girl that can make this mom want to pull her hair out. How many glasses of coveted, and then half drunk, cranapple juice can one leave sitting around the house in one day? How many pairs of shoes can one scatter in every room of the house? It's endless, just endless.

In spite of all of the above, she takes time out of her really busy schedule to help her sometimes lame brained mom. At the age of 44 I had never turned on a computer. In fact, I had never even typed my name. Seems scandalous I know, but high school typing classes were always full. She gets the credit for NAGGING me to do this blog. (Did I really say nagging? Of course, I really meant she encouraged me). She set it up, did all the backgrounds and has patiently tried to get me out of the stone age. (Mom, surely you know what a tab button is!!!) Thank you, thank you, Mary Beth. No doubt, I could never have done it without you. We still need another tutorial on how to insert pictures. I've got some great ones.

1 comment:

LAsyoung said...

Yay MB- Now I know who to call when I'm ready to start my blog :-). I love the background(s).