Friday, October 23, 2009

Dr.10 (Tian), MY HERO

I told you about how I discovered my breast cancer back in 2003. This time was very different. Almost since I moved to Gadsden I have been going to the best Chiropractor I have ever found.
Dr 10 was raised in Beijing where her father was a doctor. She became a surgical nurse. She came to Gadsden State Community College to work on English as a second language. She met and married a doctor here and then decided to go to chiropractor school. This summer she found this "place" on my back-beside my spine- that was new. She said,"Mary this is something different by your spine, I think you should have it checked out by your surgeon." What? A SURGEON?? Are you kidding? I can't even feel it. It doesn't hurt. I don't like to go to surgeons. They like to cut on people. Long story short she was right. The doctors at the Kirklin Clinic were mighty impressed. I might even go so far as to say awestruck. If Dr. 10 had not found this, I shutter to think where I'd be 6 months from now.

1 comment:

LAsyoung said...

Wow- hoorah for Dr. Tian, and for you for following through in spite of the understandable distaste for surgeons!
I love your writing, Mary.
Thank you for doing this to keep us" in the loop".
xo