Monday, October 26, 2009

These Gadsden Ladies-Almost Unbelievable


When we got married I really meant it when I said, "Whither thou goest, I will go..." I never dreamed that he would take me to Gadsden. Just never even crossed my mind. However, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be. These folks here are the most welcoming, supportive, encouraging friends you'd ever want to be around. In less than a week I've:

  • received numerous calls, emails, and in-person hugs
  • received at least a dozen encouraging cards and notes
  • had a friend go BUY a Sony recorder for me to record my doctor's visits
  • received a spectacular basket with ivy, mums and crotons
  • found a loaf of warm, homemade cinnamon swirl bread on the mailbox
  • found two dozen cucumber sandwiches that had been left in my fridge for us to enjoy when we came home from the doctor
  • received a love basket with two steaks, two potatoes, french bread, salad, blueberry pound cake and a vase of flowers!
  • been given a bag of fresh shrimp from the beach
  • received a book, "Fearless", by Max Lucado. How appropriate is that title?
This doesn't even count the men who have called Bill to ask about me and him. They have gathered around him as well with love and support. There are a couple of houses available in our neighborhood. Just move on up!

2 comments:

Emalee said...

I'm amazed at the friends God has blessed you with. Makes being so far away not quite so bad because they're doing the things for you I would love to be able to do.

LAsyoung said...

It takes a friend to make a friend. I'm so glad you have a large mutual admiration society:-). xo