Friday, October 23, 2009

Dreamin'-of Major Changes in Our Lives

Why is it that things never seem to get dull at our house? I thought at this age I was supposed to be sitting on my porch with a glass of iced tea, reading Southern Living, with grandchildren quietly reading books at my feet. There have been times when I have longed for dull. It just hasn't happened yet. As Sarah so wisely said to me once when she was a little girl, "Mama, dreams are free. Let me dream." Amen.

Yesterday, my day at the Kirklin Clinic started at 8:45 with a CT scan. We left Kirklin Clinic at 6:15! It was a VERY long day, but worth it to get everything done.

We left the clinic and headed to our dearest friends house. Was this a social call to Ricky and Marjean's, you may ask? No, indeed. We went to their house for Bill to sign the documents to sell our stores to Express Oil Change Corporate. That's right, we sold the assets to corporate. We still own (along with the bank :-) the building and land.We have a long term lease for them with corporate. We think this will be a good thing for everyone.

Meanwhile, Bill (in all his spare time) has started a new business. It's called Fairview Consulting. He will primarily be consulting architects and owners of construction. He and Fairview Consulting will be providing "Commissioning Authority" services. You will need to ask him what that means.

3 comments:

LAsyoung said...

Thank you again for keeping us posted with details. I do appreciate it- it's the next best thing to sitting on the porch sipping tea with you. I LOVE Sarah's quote- as well as the old one that says "If you can dream it, you can achieve it." I can hear the lyrics & tune: "Dream a little dream with me ..." :-) xo

LAsyoung said...

Oops- that would be Mama Cass singing " Dream a little dream of me" - but we can all dream together in my dreams:-).xo

marjean brooks said...

But it WAS a social call as well. And so glad you had a reason to 'have to stop by.' It was a good time to reconnect and hear all the news face to face rather than by phone, email or computerized blogs. So grateful for our friends the Stegalls. What wonderful years(decades)we have shared.

marjean