Monday, November 2, 2009

I Win- I've Got The Best Excuse Ever

School is actually fun these days. Almost all of the students are loving learning to sew. I try to brag about something that each student does every day. "Look how much you've improved over last time. Wow! I couldn't have done that any better myself! Maybe you should be the teacher now. I can just sit back and sip my diet coke. Surely you've done this before! How can you do this so perfectly?" And sew on (Pun intended.) :-)

However, I occasionally have a student come in and say some thing to this effect, "Mrs. Stegall, I'll just take a bad grade today. I don't feel good."or "I have a headache." My response, you may ask? "Too bad. I have cancer, so I win. If I can teach, you can work!" Am I oozing with compassion or what?

1 comment:

LA said...

Gotta love it- your sense of humor is so great.:-)